Vietnam has witnessed an enormous increase in the number of foreign expats for the past ten years. Accordingly, those who choose Vietnam as their second motherland even tend to find their Vietnamese spouse, and that state does not seem to halt.
Consequently, writing this article on behalf of thousands of Vietnamese girls out there, I am so down just to give you a favor in “How to flirt like a local?” – Let’s take a look at the most basic flirting phases below.
- “Em có bạn trai chưa?” – “Do you have a boyfriend?”
/m – co: – ban – dzai – dzu-o/?
This is a great start once you find that girl interesting and want to get to know more about her relationship status.
2. “Mình đi chơi nhé?” – “Let’s hang out sometime!”
/min – dee – dzo-i – yeah/!
This is sort of asking out and can be seen as an absolute effect if you want to spend more time together. A good night hug or text will definitely work as well.
3. “Em thật đặc biệt!” – “You are so special!”
/m – tat – dac – bee-ik/!
Apparently, this compliment will help you score 10 out of 10 when talking to a girl you like.
4. “Anh nhớ em!” – “I miss you!”
/n – yo – m/!
After some time knowing each other, you saying “anh nhớ em” to her is kind of an indirect way to let her know your feelings.
5. “Em thấy anh như thế nào?” – “What do you think about me?”
/m – tei – n – yuw – te – now/?
Wanna know what’s her feeling toward you after a while? Go for this!
6. “Anh thích em!” – “I like you!”
/n – tik – m/
A perfect shot once you think it’s the right time to open up.
7. “Anh yêu em!” – “I love you!”
/n – eww – m/
Obviously, it is applied when you find her your soul mate.
Wait! Is it a little bit rushing for you? No worries, let me walk you through one step each first.
Let’s start with common basic greetings:
- “Em tên gì vậy?” – “What is your name?”
/m – teng – j – vei/?
2. “Em sống ở đâu?” – “Where do you live?”
/m – shong – o: – dow/?
The Vietnamese feel free to ask their hometowns and current cities for the first time they meet.
3. “Sở thích của em là gì?” – “What are your hobbies?”
/sho – tik – ku-ah – m – la – j/?
4. “Em làm nghề gì?” – “What is your occupation?”
/m – lam – ge-ih – j/?
5. “Số em là gì?” – “What’s your phone number?”
/sou – m – la – j/?
How is that? Do you feel like learning some more basic relevant vocabulary somehow helping you gain more confidence?
Let’s give it a go:
- Hôn /hon/ : (to) kiss
- Nắm tay /na-im – tei/ : (to) hold hands
- Ôm /om/ : (to) hug
- Hẹn hò /hen – ho:/ : (to) go on a date
- Bạn gái /ban – ga-i/ : girlfriend
- Bạn trai /ban – ja-i/ : boyfriend
Good luck with these magic lines. A little more tip for you, if she finds you trying hard to talk to her in her native language, you can definitely have a bigger chance! She would definitely think you are such a romantic man.
Otherwise, in case you are seeing a Vietnamese girl and aspiring to learn more, please leave a comment down below and let us take care the rest for you!